Thanks for stopping by! My grand idea was to create a blog that had a collection of the coolest crafts, decorating ideas, photography tips etc that are all kid-related... and keep it up on a daily basis. I failed miserably at that. So now it truly is going to be a random blog - MOSTLY about crafts/decorating and what not - but with a lot more random mixed in. I hope you enjoy!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cordless blinds for the nursery

I can't tell you how bad I HATE blinds with cords!!! Loathe may be a better word. I absolutely refused to put blinds with a cord in the nursery, so I went out on the search for a better alternative.

I thought I vaguely remembered seeing some type of honeycomb type blind that you could push up and pull down without the use of a cord. After a brief google search ("cordless blinds") I found a bunch of options for blinds that are made of "light filtering fabric" that does just what I want!!

Here are the options:
  • Remote control cordless blinds (Bed Bath and Beyond)
    These were awesome - but pretty darn expensive.... and I really dont think I need a remote, it's not like the windows are inaccessible.
  • Ready Shade Cordless Blinds (Bed Bath and Beyond)
    Loved that these had a peel and stick "technology" so that you didn't have to drill or screw anything. They also can be cut to size using the included tool. The price is also really good at $24.99 - $34.99.
  • Cordless Pleated Shade (Domestications)
    I liked the fact that these came in colors other than ivory and white. I think the chocolate or linen color would be good for blocking out a little more light. These are also at a great price ($19.99 - $39.99) and come in 13 different sizes.
I think I will try the Cordless Pleated Shade.... (pictured below). I really like the linen color and think it will be a nice accent. I wish I could see the color in person, but I'll check out the return policy before I buy and let you know what I find out! Yay! No cords!!!!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete