Thanks for stopping by! My grand idea was to create a blog that had a collection of the coolest crafts, decorating ideas, photography tips etc that are all kid-related... and keep it up on a daily basis. I failed miserably at that. So now it truly is going to be a random blog - MOSTLY about crafts/decorating and what not - but with a lot more random mixed in. I hope you enjoy!

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easy photo album cover

Looking for a cute way to dress up a brag book for you little one?? My mom showed me these cute little covers made of wool that were easy to put together and made GREAT gifts.

I have a collection here... My mom made me the one with the dog on it (my cat is on the other side!), my Granny made me the one with buttons on it for Christmas, and the plaid is the one she made Chris for Christmas, and the pink one in the back is one I just made for a friend walking the breast cancer 3-day.

All you need is:
  • Felt (you can find it almost anywhere - walmart, michaels, joann, etc)
  • A cheap photo album (again - walmart has them for .99 cents)
  • Embroidery floss
  • And buttons (if you choose to use them)
Once I learned how to make them, I decided to get creative... I had a baby shower to attend and was looking for a cute little gift for her. The pattern my mom had kinda looked like a diaper to me, so I thought how I could craft the cover to look like a diaper and baby butt!!

Didn't take long and I figured out this pattern. It was a HUGE hit at the shower, and now that I'm pregnant and have a lot of pregnant friends, I think I'll make more! It's a GREAT thing to do if you are on bed rest - or just bored. Materials are SUPER cheap if you use felt, but you can use wool or any other substantial fabric.

(The picture shows regular safety pins, but before I gave it to her, I got real diaper pins and it looked MUCH cuter!)





Looking back - I probably could have been a little more creative with the diaper - maybe put the kids name on the front and some ruffles on the back (if it was a girl)... but that's the beauty of creativity - it's always a thought process!

Instructions/pattern to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. dude, your blog title is freakin' hilarious! haha... i love it. probably because i have mad A.D.D. myself.

    ReplyDelete